Our instructors are trained as Liberty Mountain Instructors and also have accreditations with the Professional Ski Associations and AASI for adaptive teaching.
Perform student assessment to identify the adaptive equipment needs, assist student in using the equipment and teach the student (new or experienced) to ski or snowboard.
- Intermediate skier or rider
- Minimum age of 18
- Experience with teaching snow sports preferred, but not required
- Desire and/or previous experience working with people with disabilities
If no previous snowsports teaching experience, you must attend all of the following sessions:
- Complete the 3-day Liberty Mountain Resort Instructor Training Clinic. To register, contact Jen Griffin or 717-642-8282, ext. 3399.
- Classroom session: December 7, 2019, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- On-snow sessions: December 14 & 15, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Dates are weather dependent.
- Cost: $50. The fee will be reimbursed when you complete your first year commitment.
If have previous snowsports teaching experience:
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Orientation session: Attend 1-day event with indoor and on-snow components at Liberty Mountain Resort, 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. Choose one date to attend and contact us at email@example.com:
- December 27, 2019
- January 4, 2020
- January 5, 2020
After meeting the training requirements, you will apprentice with an experienced instructor for most of the first season before teaching lessons as the lead instructor.
After meeting training requirements, instructors must volunteer for a minimum of 12 days of lessons on weekends and holidays during the season.